You are invited to join one of our Ashby Congregational committees and let your gifts encourage, serve, support and help our faith community. Our committees range from ﬁnancial, outreach, fellowship and leadership support. Let your talents be utilized as you grow in your skill set and meet new members. We encourage everyone able, to ﬁnd a place where their passions can be nurtured and welcome to others.
Learn more about our committees and their duties here!
Committees fall into 3 basic categories to grow our church
- It is the responsibility of the Deacons, along with the Pastor, to oversee the spiritual welfare of the church and shall determine the times of public worship, Holy Communion, and the order of public worship service. It is also their duty to assist in the administration of the Sacraments.
- We want our music to bring God to life for our congregation and to worship God with majesty. This committee is dedicated to providing worship services that praise God, build community fellowship and lift spirits to a higher ground.
- This committee acts as a liaison between the congregation and pastor.
- These members work to beautify our church throughout with altar ﬂowers and maintenance of our ﬂower gardens.
- We are reaching into our community with a new website and web presence through Facebook group/ site.
- These church members are passionate and gifted in bringing the word of God to our youth.
- These members connect with people who are unable to attend church physically welcoming those members inside and outside the church.
- The missions committee acts as God's hands reaching to do good in our neighborhood, state and beyond.
- This committee acts as stewards collecting ﬁnancial resources from our congregational community.
- The Trustees vote and oversee church matters from a leaking pipe to structural updates. These members are responsible for overseeing ﬁnancial health and directing salaries.
Ways and Means
- This ﬁnancial committee acts as stewards of our resources raising funds through the annual birthday calendar and fundraisers on the common.
Deacons: Full of people who are genuine
Dan Smith: "Very welcoming, loving, caring and supportive and more."
Nancy Rogers: "We are a loving and caring church body and the children are a very important part of our church family."
Nadine Callahan: "Caring concerned Christian family of unconditional love."
Chris Chew: "Chew Family - a warm welcoming community where you want to spend your Sundays."
Wayne Stacy: "Warm, loving church, comfortable and Jesus is the man."
Linda Mikkola: "Uplifting, warm and supports my ability to be a better Christian, best community to be a part of, comforting and supportive, impressed by the talents, ready to step up, walk the Faith."