One of the greatest reflections of Christ's love is marriage. It is our pleasure to unite spiritual persons in Holy Matrimony, or in vow renewals. Our pastoral staff would be honored to assist you in making your wedding ceremony a truly memorable event, with Gods blessing. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!
Love is patient, love is kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4
The Sacrament of Baptism
We believe in observing certain spiritual milestones in the lives of people who seek God. The decision to appeal to God for his grace and to begin a new life with Jesus Christ. Baptism is a way of celebrating this important decision. We want you to be informed about the biblical meaning of baptism. As a church it gives us great pleasure to celebrate your baptism with you, as a symbol of a spiritual change that has happened in your life. ▪
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. - Mark 1:4
The loss of a loved one is difficult. If you need counseling, services or would like to speak with the pastor, please don't hesitate. We are here to help.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. - Matthew 5:4
- Easter Sunrise Service. We have an Easter Sunrise Service on the Ashby Common. All are welcome to attend and witness the sunrise together, Signifying the empty tomb and Jesus Christ's resurrection. The service is usually followed by a breakfast put on by the men of the Ashby Congregational Church.
- Children's Sunday. Our children are an integral part of our church and this service allows the children of the congregation to lead the adults in service.
- Tree lighting on Ashby Common. The Ashby community gathers at the gazebo for this illuminating ceremony. All are welcome to attend a beef stew supper following the tree lighting. The supper is hosted on alternate years by the Ashby First Parish Church, Unitarian Universalist and the Ashby Congregational Church.
- Christmas Pageant. Our children act out stories and verses from the bible and perform songs. This is one of our favorite Christmas activities.
- Candlelight service on Christmas Eve. A long standing tradition for the church that commemorates the Nativity of our God with the vigil service for Christmas.
|October 9, 2017||
October 10, 2017
9:30 am: Church Office Hours
October 10, 2017 –
|October 11, 2017||
October 12, 2017
7:00 pm: Church Office Hours
October 12, 2017 –
|October 13, 2017||October 14, 2017||
October 15, 2017
10:00 am: Church Service 10AM
October 15, 2017 –